Worth Network Inc. ("Worth," "Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Worth mobile application (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
The third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service's functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service's quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, share third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
- Please also note:
- Account Information: If you create a Worth account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date. We may publicly display your first name and last initial, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the registration process, as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, Instagram posts, and business listing information. Your account profile (e.g., name, instagram handle, date and time joined, profile photo, and engagement statistics such as comments and likes) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and transactions you make through the Service. We may also store information that your mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your type of mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the "Location Services" settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and financial information such as bank account numbers, routing numbers, and credit card numbers, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
Information Collection and Tracking TechnologiesThe technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers
- Analytics companies.
- Payment processors and payment providers
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- Content partners.
- Third party service providers
- Social networking services.
- Third party accounts.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Worth's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Worth about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Worth, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Push Notifications. You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from Worth.
- "Do Not Track" or "DNT" Technology. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes "do-not-track" or "DNT" signals that are available in some browsers.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location by adjusting your mobile device preferences. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (" NAI ") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.